Saturday, May 14, 2011

FBC!

We were so blessed to get plugged into a church almost immediately after moving, and fell in love with FBC! The church itself is MASSIVE, and the worship experience is absolutely amazing, yet they have "LIFE groups" which are small, so that you can still meet people in the same stage of life with you.
Roddy made friends with the contemporary worship leader, who is only in his late 20's (married only one week before us). Shortly after he was invited to join the praise band- which he was SO excited about. I know God definitely has a place for him leading worship somewhere and I'm excited to see where it takes us!
It is so funny, after a few Sundays of Roddy playing with the band, I noticed that Roddy was the only one wearing jeans and cowboy boots. At Chambers Creek, he would be right at home, but in this "modern" church he looked a bit out of place! The rest of the crowd was decked out in v-necks, cardigans and converse! We had a good laugh, then went shopping. He fits in quite nicely now! :)
Anyway, we have met some really great friends through the band and have a ridiculous amount of things in common! He has been playing for about 2 months now, enjoying each Sunday more than the last! I am so thankful that he is getting to do what he LOVES and I pray that the Lord provides a way for him to continue!

This is Roddy on stage with the band, the pictures are bad quality because we actually took them on TV! FBC replays the videos of the service on Saturday nights :)



Roddy upclose in his new outfit!

How cute is HE?

No comments:

Post a Comment