We spent the first 8 months of our marriage in a 500 sq ft, one bed room apartment on campus, but the more time passed, the smaller it got! I am so thankful we were able to officially move in on our wedding night on such short notice- (we were only engaged a little over 4 months) and it was exactly what we needed at the time!
The white(ish) walls drove me CRAZY and I couldn't wait until we were able to move somewhere I could PAINT! I was also struggling quite a bit not having something to "take care of" (no pets allowed on campus). Among these factors, I decided that a two bedroom would be nice so that Roddy could have a "man-cave" room and play his xbox as loud as he wanted.
We started looking and FINALLY found a really cute house only a few miles from campus. It needed a lot of work, but the landlord was willing to take $ off of our rent each month in exchange for work done on the house. YAY! It is a 1200sq ft, 2 bedroom house with lots of room for our little family of 3. (No freaking out, I'm referring to Rookie) We get to paint and make a lot of the decisions, which is a MAJOR plus!
We are currently in the process of painting, and it definitely serves a stress outlet.... pictures to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment